NOAH will recruit 10 Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) each with a 36-month contract who will have the possibility to defend a PhD thesis at the end of their individual projects. Each PhD student will be hosted in a beneficiary institution and will receive additional training by undergoing relevant secondments at the industrial and other academic partners’ facilities.
|Available Position||Host||Project Title||Academic secondment (3/4 months)||Industrial secondment (6 months)|
|ESR1||ICIQ, Spain||Hydrogen-bonded molecular capsules based on calixpyrrole scaffolds||ISOF-CNR (Italy)||Covestro (Germany)|
|ESR2||UNINE, Switzerland||Developing the biological potential of organometallic cages||ISOF-CNR (Italy)||Biolitec (Germany)|
|ESR3||FUB, Germany||Gas Phase study of encapsulation processes||ICHO PAN (Poland)||Mind the Byte (Spain)|
|ESR4||Warwick, UK||pH-dependent uptake and release of guest molecules from a coordination cage||FUB (Germany)||Leitat (Spain)|
|ESR5||ISOF-CNR, Italy||Photoinduced processes in host-guest systems based on molecular capsules||UNINE (Switzerland)||Leitat (Spain)|
|ESR6||ICHO PAN, Poland||Biomimetic peptide-based chiral molecular capsules through dynamical||ICIQ (Spain)||Mind the Byte (Spain)|
|ESR7||UNISTRA, France||Stimuli-responsive nanoreceptors||Warwick (UK)||Biolitec (Germany)|
|ESR8||Mind the Byte, Spain||Computational exploration of container-guest complexes||UNISTRA (France)||Industrial PhD|
|ESR9||Covestro, Germany||New ways to encapsulate reactive components in polyurethane systems||ICIQ (Spain)||Industrial PhD|
|ESR10||ICIQ, Spain||Dynamic covalent capsules based on calixpyrrole scaffolds||FUB (Germany)||Covestro (Germany)|
Detailed information for individual research projects can be found by clicking each individual title in the table above.
First recruitment call (C1) will be opened from 1st April 2018 to 31st May 2018. Call will be opened for 2 months and resolved within the three following weeks.
A second (C2) or third (C3) call will be only launched if not all the positions are covered with C1 or C2, respectively. Non-selected eligible candidates will be redirected to apply for other available positions in the following call.
- Appointment under full-time employment contract for a period of 36 months
- Competitive remuneration (Living Allowance = €3110/month (correction factor to be applied per country) + mobility allowance = €600/month + family allowance if applicable = €500/month). Monthly salary for the fellow before any deductions.
- Additional funding for participation to courses, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Enrollment in a Doctorate program with the possibility to lead to a PhD dissertation.
- Starting date: ESRs are expected to start from October 2018 (estimated time).
- Hosting institutions: ICIQ (Spain), Université de Neuchâtel (Switzerland), Freie Universität Berlin (Germany), The University of Warwick (UK), The Institute of Organic Synthesis and Photoreactivity (Italy), Polish Academy of Science (Poland), Université de Strasbourg (France), Mind the Byte S.L. (Spain), Covestro Deutchland A.G. (Germany).
- Partner Organizations: biolitec research GmbH (Germany) and Leitat technological centre (Spain)
- Academic Secondments: 3-4 months secondment for ESR hosted at academic institutions and 9 months secondment for ESR hosted at non-academic institutions.
- Industrial Secondments: 6 months secondment for ESR hosted at academic institutions
EU eligibility criteria for candidates: Candidates of any nationality, but in order to be eligible for the positions the following criteria applies to all applicants:
- The applicant shall at the time of recruitment be in the first four years of his/her research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- The applicant must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in the country of the host institute for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment.
Candidates profile: candidates must hold a Master’s degree in Chemistry or BioChemistry (depending on the position) with excellent academic transcripts. We are looking for highly motivated students with good communication skills
All candidates must prove full proficiency in spoken and written English (B2 certificate, TOEFL, or equivalent).
Application form will include the upload of the following information:
- copy of B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees with annexes. If annexes do not include the number of total ECTS credits a certificate from the institution awarding the degree will be required.
- language certificate (B2 certificate, TOEFL, or equivalent). Not necessary if the degree (at least B.Sc.) was awarded by an institution based in an English speaking country.
- a letter of motivation (maximum one page)
- personal statement video (maximum two minutes)*
- contact details of two referees. Note that referees will be only contacted for short-listed candidates.
*not mandatory but highly recommended.